22 January 2008

Heath Ledger's Passing

I am sad Heath Ledger died today. He was a talented young actor, with an unexpectedly deep voice and classic good looks. I think had he lived, he would have done many good roles in the movies.

It's amazing how fast news travels these days. Reuters posted an article about Heath's death fourteen minutes ago on Yahoo News.

International Herald Tribune posted two hours ago.

Even IMDb.com has already updated his profile.

Heath's fans around the Net have started threads on msg boards, updated their MySpace or Facebook pages, and generally expressed their sadness and sympathies for his family and friends.

And now I add my two cents. I wish he hadn't died. I enjoyed his work. Like River Phoenix, he could have been one of the really, really good male actors with a long, respectable career.