First, a few things I learned from my wonderful mom:
1. Mom was right about washing hands and covering mouths when we cough.
2. Mom was also right that the best way to handle a jerk is to ignore him.
3. Mom was totally right that when you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all. (Makes you look classy and in control.)
Now, a few things I've discovered on my own:
1. A watched blog never updates.
2. Someone who talks bad about others is talking bad about you.
3. You can go far by being polite, confident, and reliable.
4. Loving pets make the world a better place.
5. The dishes really won't wash themselves.
Here's a Hot Stock Tip:
Don't be in a hurry when making stock. Allow the meat and vegetables to simmer for a few hours and make sure the water doesn't evaporate too much. The only vegetables needed to make a flavorful stock are onions, celery, and carrots. Whole garlic cloves are a nice option.