01 December 2008

Mystery Turkey Tracks Snow onto Website

December 2008 Calendar - © 2008 Totem Media, L.C. - formerly Totem Promotions, L.C. Here is the new desktop calendar for December 2008. I incorporated three personal photos into this image.

The first is the calendar background. It is a early spring 2007 photo of Spearfish Canyon in the Black Hills, South Dakota. If you look closely, you can see there still was quite a bit of snow on the ground!

The second is the main background image. I took a photo of turkey tracks December 2007, also in the Black Hills.

The third photo is the red star. It is the tree topper on my parents' Christmas tree. It is not the tree topper we had when I was growing up. As a child, our tree topper was a finial style, similar in shape to the first photo on this webpage, except the point didn't twist and we didn't have people or snowmen.

I used two text treatments. First, on "Winter Wonderland," I removed the fill color and using an inner shadow and outer glow, simulating a depression in the snow, like the turkey tracks. It isn't exact because I had already treated the text with some rough shading and erasing. Second, on "December 2008," I also removed the fill, and added a stroke around the letters. It felt too crisp, and I wanted to have a hand-stamped effect, so I added a very slight motion blur.

If you would like to use this wallpaper on your computer, you may do so. Click on the photo to open a full-size version. This wallpaper is for personal use only. Please do not remove the copyright notice.