18 October 2007

Training Begins, Recent Work, Rock'n'Roll

My husband and I have started our training for the BP MS150 Houston-to-Austin bicycle ride. We started off with an easy and fun 11-mile roundtrip ride down the Braes Bayou Trail in southwest Houston. The weather was very nice.

I created a banner for Kaneka Texas Corporation. They will use it on a conference booth.

Kaneka Texas Corporation Kane Ace MX Banner











This banner is just one of the conference display materials I have created for Kaneka. In 2006, I designed their entire conference booth. The photos, URL, and phone number plaques seen on the blue fabric side panels are movable, so they can place or even replace the images as needed.

Kaneka Texas Corporation Kane Ace MX Booth












On October 2, I attended the Collective Soul / +Live+ concert in Houston, at the Verizon Wireless Theater downtown. I have been on Collective Soul's newsletter for a few years now, so when they let us fans know we could secure meet-n-greet passes by pre-purchasing a fanclub membership when buying our concert tickets, I leapt at the chance. Besides being talented musicians, Collective Soul is definitely one of the better looking bands I've seen!

Collective Soul











Originally, the meet-n-greet was supposed to occur before the show, but the band's plane was late, so we did it between the two band's performances. This shot of +Live+'s lead singer was taken from backstage.

LIVE band